2018 sparkél Rosé
The base wine for the 2018 Spärkel is made from 99% Cayuga White and the remaining 1% is Baco Noir to give Spärkel the lovely, pink color. The Cayuga White was machine harvested on 10/2 at 19 Brix with a pH of 3.15. The low pH is desirable for the carbonated wine. The wine was pressed and float cleared and inoculated with 58W3. After fermentation and blending trials, the wine was force carbonated thanks to Lakewood Vineyards.
Spärkel is a semi-sweet carbonated blend that has notes of green apple, moderate minerality and a toasted bready finish similar to a traditional Champagne-style flavor profile.
210 cases produced.